What do you get from a fresh perspective?
We can help you and your team think differently by bringing an alternative fresh perspective. We can study the challenge that others have faced and see something different.
“We cannot solve our problems with the same level of thinking that created them”
I want a Fresh perspective
Smallfry have specially developed tools and techniques to evaluate information and surface insights and solutions that others will miss. By adding our Fresh perspectives we can help to energise and align in-house teams. Teaching new ways of working and leaving a legacy to follow. While many people will understand and appreciate best practice business models, few need to practically apply them every day. We do. And we understand which will work best under different circumstances, combining creativity, commercial rigour and practical delivery experience to generate growth with lasting impact.
The Fresh Stage-Gate Process
“What got you here won’t get you where you need to be”
We work with senior managers to define market-driven strategies and then create and manage cross-functional collaborative teams to implement them. By holistically analysing your business challenges we will unearth unique customer insights which help inform addressable market segments with relevant and meaningful solutions. Put simply, we turn insights into action. By aligning our activities with the goals and ambition of your team, product and brand we can contribute collaboratively. We offer a balance of both project management and leadership.
“Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right thing.” – Peter F. Drucker
Assess each opportunity within the context of a dynamic marketplace & a broader view of the world• Build knowledge and scope for innovation• Identify and articulate emerging themes and directions• Spot trends to foresee future product opportunities• Highlight the elements that are critical to success
Synchronise the innovation strategy & company vision• Supporting your aims and objectives• Confirm core strengths (and weaknesses) of your brand• Translate marketing objectives into a product innovation plan• Champion 'customer satisfaction' to build brand loyalty
Translating the visionJudge opportunities within the context of competition, market dynamics and trends
• Market, product and competitor analysis• Develop a 'consumer view' framework for product segmentation• Build a picture of the market that is clear and addressable• Identify which products best support strategic objectives
Use insights, category knowledge & supplier's experience to confirm the right product to offer
• Find sustainable competitive advantage• Tap personal insights and experiences to excite and inspire• Discover which features positively motivate customers to buy• Establish exactly what customers really look for
Bring it to life
Establish unilateral buy-in prior to significant investment
• Communicate opportunities to the team• Demonstrate the key areas of innovation• Unite the understanding within cross-functional teams• Use extensive manufacturing experience to ensure viability
Control specifications, manage constraints, maximise customer proposition
• Development and validation• Balance manufacturing feasibility with customer desire• Manage details to ensure the ideas achieve full potential• Systematically check to stay customer focused
Deliver on time, in budget with maximum customer appeal
• Ensuring design intent is maintained• Use experience to nurture design through manufacturing set-up• Work in partnership to achieve 'win-win' solutions• Stay customer focused