What does it mean to be first?
We can help you see new opportunities and articulate an inspiring vision to motivate others. By standing back to reflect upon where you are and where you need to be, you can benefit from an impartial perspective. We offer qualified and systematic support to chart a plan of attack and create that compelling vision of your future. So vital in uniting the activities of a cross-functional management team.
“You don’t need eyes to see, you need vision.”
When you need to choose a path and make tough decisions, Smallfry’s specifically developed ‘Created Futures’ ™ is a systematic approach to creating a sustainable pipeline of innovation.
I want to be First
When you set out to make the competition irrelevant you need to understand where to look and how to create and capture new demand. You’ll need to journey to untapped spaces and places to discover where profits and growth are and the competition isn’t. We bring our expertise in design research to uncover inspired insights.
The First Stage-Gate Process
Our process and partnership network scan the horizon to clarify the levels of technology readiness and relevance to your business goals. We use simple language and clear visualisations to help cross-functional teams to see the vision and buy-in to the ‘transformational’ growth opportunities. We work alongside you to innovate your business model, coach your team and provide a detailed roadmap, all the way to supply chain and implementation.
Assess each opportunity within the context of a dynamic marketplace & a broader view of the world• Build knowledge and scope for innovation• Identify and articulate emerging themes and directions• Spot trends to foresee future product opportunities• Highlight the elements that are critical to success
Synchronise the innovation strategy & company vision• Supporting your aims and objectives• Confirm core strengths (and weaknesses) of your brand• Translate marketing objectives into a product innovation plan• Champion 'customer satisfaction' to build brand loyalty
Translating the visionJudge opportunities within the context of competition, market dynamics and trends
• Market, product and competitor analysis• Develop a 'consumer view' framework for product segmentation• Build a picture of the market that is clear and addressable• Identify which products best support strategic objectives
Use insights, category knowledge & supplier's experience to confirm the right product to offer
• Find sustainable competitive advantage• Tap personal insights and experiences to excite and inspire• Discover which features positively motivate customers to buy• Establish exactly what customers really look for
Bring it to life
Establish unilateral buy-in prior to significant investment
• Communicate opportunities to the team• Demonstrate the key areas of innovation• Unite the understanding within cross-functional teams• Use extensive manufacturing experience to ensure viability
Control specifications, manage constraints, maximise customer proposition
• Development and validation• Balance manufacturing feasibility with customer desire• Manage details to ensure the ideas achieve full potential• Systematically check to stay customer focused
Deliver on time, in budget with maximum customer appeal
• Ensuring design intent is maintained• Use experience to nurture design through manufacturing set-up• Work in partnership to achieve 'win-win' solutions• Stay customer focused